Picture this:
Giant Grocery store.
Me-walking inside.
A toddler pushing the cute little cart for kids with the huge green flag straight out of the store, down the cart ramp into the middle of the freaking road. Alone.
A cart collector with gaping mouth.
An elderly woman with gaping mouth.
Two phrases keep repeating in my mind...WTF and Where is his mother?
Being a responsible parent, I beckon the child back into the alcove of the store and out of traffic. Does he respond to me? Hell no. I'm a stranger. And being in traffic is fun.
Therefore I walk inside the door, spot a motherly type chit chatting, and bang on the window. She reluctantly takes time away from her important conversation with the Giant worker and stares at me. I mouth, "Is that your son????" while frantically pointing at the tot in traffic. She rolls her fucking eyes and says yes. She then nonchalantly walks out of the store and meets her son in traffic.
After thinking maybe I overreacted to the situation, I glanced at the other shoppers and am reassured by my crazed plan to save the boy. Shock and Awe pretty much sums up the looks on everyone's face.
I wanted to turn her in to child services. I've never been one of those people. I'm just stunned by the dismissal she gave her son. He walked out of a store into a busy intersection and she didn't care. That poor poor child.
1 comment:
Why do these people reproduce? Terrifying.
My word verification is twisto. Fun.
Post a Comment