Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Cave Bug

I needed to kill exactly 2o minutes waiting for Bug to complete his speech therapy session, so I picked up the Toddler magazine. I'm not an avid parenting magazine reader. I've read several Parents magazines and felt angry afterward. Maybe I was hormonal at the time, I don't know. I felt the Parents magazine targeted really new parents. The ones who don't normally read three to four books about how to get to get your baby to sleep all night. I tried a more contemporary magazine called Cookie, http://cookiemag.com/. I refused to renew the subscription for reasons I won't get into now. Besides, I only enjoyed looking at the super expensive, age appropriate toy reviews.

Back on track...this Toddler magazine was slightly educational and humorous. I read one article I could completely relate to. It referred to toddlers as cavemen. I know, it sounds awful but if you watch a toddler you'll see the similarities.

I watched my own and this is what he did-

Couldn't get a wheel on his stroller to roll correctly so he flipped the stroller over (in anger) and banged on the wheel while screaming his head off.

Any time I press the ice button on the fridge, he comes running while screaming, "ICE, ICE, ICEEEEEEEEE!". He only stops when given a piece of ICE.

Interacting with boys always includes the following words...stop, no, mine.

However, interacting with girls involves the following...stroking hair, patting back, and finally sitting on her lap. Her feelings on the matter aren't taken into consideration.

Anything shiny in mama's possession is quickly taken away. It becomes, "MINE". My feelings on the matter aren't important either.

He's not a total caveman. He's extremely cute, clean, loveable and loving. I'm fairly positive we'll outgrow Cave Bug, someday.

No comments: