Monday, January 21, 2008

Shut her down

Since at least two weeks before Christmas I have been in a constant state of motion. Traveling, entertaining, shopping, arranging furniture, painting the nursery, painting furniture, cleaning, more entertaining, lots of cooking, and a whole lot of shuttling my child to and fro. My pregnant body demands rest. With my last visitor out the door today, I can now allow my body to rest.

Yeah, right! So what have I done today? It's barely 3 in the pm and I have shuttled the child to and fro, laundered all towels, sheets and blankets, swiffered, painted half of a bunkbed, and rearranged the nursery five times. My lower back definitely feels the pain right now.

The rest of my day includes sitting by the fire watching movies and definitely 'shutting her down'. I might even pick up my book.

2 comments:

MaryB said...

Girlfriend! Wasn't your placenta misbehaving??? Aren't you supposed to be taking it easy this pregnancy??? Now, do as I say and not as I do! Cuz heaven knows I never stayed on bed rest as much as I was supposed to. But, really, take it easy!! Although Id love to come help paint. I LURV to paint and obsess about the nuances of shades of color...thus the reason there are 8 patches of 4 colors on my bedroom wall right now. I can't paint though, becuase we are in the final push for science fair. Blech!

you will be posting pictures of all these projects and the nursery, right?

Anything is Possible said...

As my friends like to say, "up with placenta, down with previa"! I'm in the clear now so I can rearrange and paint. Thank goodness because I'm terrible at following orders. I can't sit still.

I'd love to obsess over paint with you. I lurv to paint too! I just pulled out our duvet cover and thought about repainting the bedroom. I don't think J would go for it though.

And yes, I'll post pics of the nursery as soon as it's finished.