Thursday, June 19, 2008

Back to the swing of things

We've been vacationing in Missouri for the last couple of weeks, hence the lack of new posts. And now here we are back in the Sunshine State and I'm struggling to get back into the swing of my life. Why is this so difficult? Why do I need three cups of coffee these days if I don't get a nap? Where did the general malaise come from? I have some ideas...

Number 1 - I obviously miss my family. They are a joy to be around. They are also extremely helpful with the kids thus allowing me to rest and/or read and/or go shopping for an entire afternoon. Vacation was good.

Number 2 - Florida just sucks. I don't want to offend anyone but after returning home I've noticed a whole lot of plain ole laziness. Crappy cars trying to hit me and I'm sure the drivers are uninsured. People living way too close to me who insist on tossing sofas and clothing into the front yard for trash pickup. What, was it too expensive to use a trash sack for those old clothes? I'll buy you a box just so I don't have to look at your shit on my way home every day. Besides the lazy people around here, it's just damn hot.

Number 3 - We were military people at one time. We used to move every three years. I'm ready to move. It's been too long here. This isn't the town I want to have 'roots' in.

Number 4 - I'm irritable. I'm a member of a club for moms in this area. I don't attend any functions. I'm almost embarrassed to share my reasons because it makes me sound like a bitch. Okay, I am a bitch so here goes. I have nothing in common with most all of the other moms. Socially, we don't share any commonalities. Economically...nothing. The club uses yahoo for emailing purposes. I just received 113 emails while I was away. Do you think any of the emails were important or useful? Nope. Sorry, but I don't want to know where you can find coupons for the Ringling Bros. circus. Me, I don't go. I feel for the animals and refuse to see them parading around for my entertainment. If I did attend, I would just pay the entry fee and call it a night out with my family. Seriously, coupons for the circus? Is it even expensive? Jeez. Also, for the mom who wants to know how much to pay a babysitter just to make sure you are paying a standard rate, I have this to say. IF you have found an experienced, trustworthy sitter your kids love them pay her/him accordingly. If I could find a decent sitter who didn't traumatize my child, I would probably just hand over my wallet and let her decide her pay just so I could get out of the house.

Number 5 - is there a number 5 or am I just bitchy these days? I must re-read my new birth control information. Bitchiness could be a side effect.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm not really sure what to say to all that but.......Welcome Back! We missed ya!