Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Rudeness

While waiting for the one working elevator in the hospital to unload occupants and come back for me, I decided I was in a great mood today. The child was in preschool, I had Starbucks waiting for me after my doctor visit, and I (for once) was on time. I even had a little trip to Target planned once I completed my appointment. I just love meandering through Target!

After about five minutes of waiting, the elevator came back and proceeded to close my body in the door. Oh well.

As I was leaving my doctor's office, I decided to run to the restroom before trekking off to Target. Just my luck, it was occupied. Oh well I'll pass another one downstairs. As I turned the corner I noticed a slew of people waiting for the elevator. Fine.

I waited and waited and finally entered the elevator with a hospital employee holding a bag of blood and a wife pushing her wheelchair bound husband. The wife struggled to get her husband in the elevator and knowing I can't help pull him in I decided to push the 'door open' button for her. I held the button at each floor for all the elderly people because it's not easy to jump back when that door squishes your body.

We finally reached floor 1, and the wife struggled once again with her husband's wheelchair. Of course I held the button for her. The hospital employee rudely tells me this, "you DON'T need to push that button because EVERY elevator has a sensor". This was the exact moment my great mood vanished. I responded with, "Really? There's a sensor? It didn't SENSE me earlier when the door smushed my body." She looked at me with disgust and astonishment. I wanted to press the 'door close' button as her right cankle and rather large butt cheek exited the elevator. How extremely rude. She's an employee for goodness sake.

My good karma vanished also. That bathroom I planned to use was closed for cleaning. I'm now back to my good ole sarcastic self.

6 comments:

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

As though you are holding up the whole enterprise while people actually enter and exit the elevator. The rudeness is appalling. I hope you had a good time at Target to restore your mood.

Paige said...

Hell. Who wants a sunshine-up-your-ass-Rachael, anyway? I like you just the way you are.

...And dislike the Cankle Bitch from here.

Anonymous said...

You need to come to Niceville...we just don't treat people like that here. People actually wave to me at the 4 way stops.

Anonymous said...

Who's the Nice Gal from Niceville?!

Anything is Possible said...

Thanks guys! I did enjoy my Target trip. I didn't find everything I had hoped but that's okay.

P- Nobody really likes sunshine up your ass Rach anyway. When that girl shows up, anyone who knows me well usually waits for a natural disaster to occur. Really, I'm happier being Wednesday from the Addams Family. It suits me.

Anons- Glad to brighten your day! I've been to Niceville and no one waved at me.

Paige said...

LOL. I just imagined you with BLACK hair and a permanent scowl. Awesome.