Fridays are so great. I look forward to them all week! It's the one (work) day that we don't have to wake up early and run to speech therapy or preschool or appointments or anything else. We can just be.
I had a funny thought though. Not so long ago I looked forward to Fridays because it was a night to go out. 'Out' could be anything from dinner to a movie to a wild, crazy bar night complete with a Saturday morning hangover. Those days are sooo long gone. I don't even miss them. Obviously, we still go out to dinner but we take both kids. It's considered a good night out if we just threaten Bug with a visit to the bathroom but don't actually make good on the threat. Big Al is just a breeze. Such an easy baby and a joy to take out into public.
This weekend is extra special because of Mother's Day. Earlier this week I planned on asking Jas for one whole night of rest for my gift. I happened to be running really low on sleep and this sounded like a great gift. However, Big Al decided to sleep continuously for six hours last night! Six whole hours of sleep!! I honestly can't remember the last time I slept so long without waking. At 3 AM she wanted a bottle and stayed awake till 4 then dozed again until 8. I felt so great at 3 I turned the TV on and watched a little bit of "Message in a Bottle". Robin Wright Penn's thin waistline encouraged me to work out today. It's great to want to work out, but not at 3 AM. Luckily I also dozed until 8.
And now Bug and I have a morning full of water squirters, slides and paints. We'll be lucky if Al escapes the morning fun without a coat of paint. Moo Moo the dog is sure to need a bath!
Valentine's Date for the Family
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment