I usually don't put much stock in everything my husband says to me. Sometimes I think he just says crazy stuff to see how I'll react. My normal response is to just ignore.
However, last night I was telling him about some of the current events in my family. Nothing major, just a slight twist on the same ole silliness. His response to one of my stories...'Is that because you and your sister act like your both 80 years old?'.
Initially I wanted to ignore this comment but then I started to think about it. I thought I was a pretty hip chick. Could I be wrong? Am I really more like a conservative 80 year old chick? Nah, I don't think so. Could my husband possibly think I resemble an 80 year old woman because I am up most of the night with an infant? On top of not much sleep, I also have a sinus infection and feel fairly awful. I know I don't look my best these days. I'll even admit to being a little bit bitchy. Okay, sometimes a LOT bitchy. -If the house picked up itself every now and then I'd be less bitchy.
This is my question: Why do men resort to being annoying boys? I'll try to keep my old lady tendencies in check if he would try NOT to wake the angry beaver.
Valentine's Date for the Family
15 years ago
5 comments:
Well, my friends do call me G-MA short for grandma. I think they are on to something here. What's so wrong with trying to get 8 hours of sleep and not doing shots of tequilla all night long. Maybe I don't know how to let loose??? -JK
That's right! I forgot they call you gma. It fits you. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with Suzie Orman on Saturday evening every now and then... I just think I let my hair down a little more often than you. Remember, I'm not afraid of having too many drinks and hanging out over a toilet all night.
Nothing is worse than being called the "fun police" and that's what Ken refers to me as. I think I got you both beat! And I can be alot of fun.....I just try to keep my wits about me!
I've been called the fun police too! I think I'm fun too but I do have my boundaries...
Because Waking The Angry Beaver is sport for Jas. Remember when he named you that? He alternated between hilarity and fear. Oh, wait. You weren't there. But I was, and it was funny as hell.
Post a Comment